Monday, August 13, 2007

August 13

Of course, our last week on the beach has consisted of the following amalgam of weather: normal rain (pelo de gato), annoying sprinkles that make just barely puts going to be beach out of the question, and then rain so hard and so loud that you start to be concerned that you might need to be evacuated by helicopter from the country.

Our roof is made of metal, which makes the rain seem even louder than it actually is.

We are still enjoying the pura vida and are learning a lot of Spanish. Deboarah doesn't really ask me to translate anymore, and isn't hesitant to talk to people or ask them for something.

Today Angela cleaned our clothes (AGAIN....THE WOMAN WON'T STOP) and so I went to hug her and thank her. Of course she only comes up to my neck so she gave me a big kiss on my neck since she couldn't reach my head.

We've been spending our time joking with the famila, reading, and talking. I really feel like I've finally gotten to know my baby sister, which has been one of my favorite things about the trip.

Tomorrow we were going to kayak out to an island and go snorkling with a friend from Debs's class who lives here in Costa Rica, but with the weather being the way it has been, it's going to take some luck.

I'm looking forward to classes this weeks because I will be the only student in my class, which means every day (except Wednesday, which is a national holiday on par with Memorial Day in the US, so no school) I will be talking one on one in Spanish with my teacher for 4 hours...I'm really excited about that.


That's all for now....only 5 minutes left of internet time and if I'm lucky it won't take that long for to post my entry on this impressively slow computer.

No comments: