Tuesday, August 7, 2007

August 7

This morning I woke up at 5 and ran barefoot along the beach that is a 3 minute walk from my house. Ive always wanted to run down a beach with the tide flowing over my toes, and I finally did it today.

It gets really light very early so 5AM doesn{t seem like 5AM here.

Spanish classes are going well and both of us are talking more and more with less difficulty. Our family that we{re living with talks a lot and watches tv a lot, which is great for learning Spanish.
The mom is a great cook, and I keep asking her for recipes for picadillos, but she keeps telling me that there isn{t a recipe, which is a sign of a good cook.

Debs and I are waiting for a bus to Tamarindo, a beach that{s supposed to be white sand and good for suring (not that I know how to surf) so today we{re going to study on the beach and try to not get completely scorched.

Muchos Abrazos

No comments: